Free to Download, Slimline DVD Inlay Template for Photoshop
Some time ago I produced a series of DVD covers for my own projects, I’d also use them as photo CD covers for clients, Wedding Photos and the such. Designing and creating all these covers required a versatile template for a slimline DVD case. Like so many designers my first point of call was doing a search for “DVD inlay templates”, and yeah, I found a few good ones, but so many didn’t really suit a quick and versatile work flow in Photoshop. So I decided to make my own which could hold a design and be printed quickly on A4 paper, its this template I’m giving to you, I’ve found it an invaluable tool in my design arsenal and I hope you will to.
Teaching grandma how to suck eggs
This Template is suitable for A4 printer paper, it’s also sized be printed as a Borderless A4 document, on Glossy, Matt and Standard paper grounds (it doesn’t matter, whatever your printer will take).
- Green Safety Line: keep your designs main elements (text) within these lines.
- Pink Bleed Line: allow your design to overlap this line.
- Black and White Cut Line: keep this guide on when printing, use it to cut your design to size.
- Download the template.
- Open the template in Photoshop.
- Layout your design between the “Background layer” and the “Guides folder” (keep the Guides folder as the top level layer).
- Open the Guides folder and turn off every folder and layer except the “Cut Line” layer.
- Print the template with A4 Borderless Print settings.
- Cut your design from the template along the “cut lines”.
- Put it in your Slimline DVD Case… happy days!